Material Handling and Distribution Operations
Materials handlers oversee the process of taking materials from one location to another as well as extracting and loading the materials to be transported.
Students in Material Handling and Distribution Operations are trained in the following subject areas:
- Moving stock or other materials from one location to another to prepare for shipment or distribution
- Using warehouse management software and software systems to capture and retrieve logistic information
- Reading work orders or receiving instructions to determine assignments or necessary materials and equipment
- Recording numbers of units handled or moved using daily production sheets or work tickets
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
- Attention to detail
Material Handling and Distribution Operations Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
Centers offering training in this program