Operates a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of paving materials.
Students in Asphalt Paving are trained in the following subject areas:
- Operate heavy equipment
- Conduct routine equipment inspections
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment
- Maintain accurate records and make reports
- Move and position raw materials and finished components.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
- Meet strenuous physical requirements.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Physical dexterity
Asphalt Paving Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
Centers offering training in this program