Insurance Claims Processor
Insurance Claims Processor are clerks who process claims for insurance companies. Some of the duties that they perform include processing new insurance policies, modifying existing ones and obtaining information from policyholders to verify the accuracy of their accounts.
Students in Insurance Claims Processor are trained in the following subject areas:
- Obtain information from insured or designated persons
- Settle claims with insurance carriers
- Enter claims information into database systems
- Prepare and review insurance claim forms
- Calculate claims amounts
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Have strong math and reading skills.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
- Attention to detail
- Concern for others
Insurance Claims Processor Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
Centers offering training in this program